Thermal weeding using infrared treatment
An effective option for weed control using heat. The principle is simple: from the combined effect of hot air and infrared heat, the weed protein structures degrade so that the plant fades.
Operating it is easy: depending on the crop, the weed control is driven slowly, about 1.0 – 2.5 km/h over the weeds. Paved surfaces, gravel and sand surgaces that are regularly walked on, e.g. town squares, high streets, walkways and residential areas, parks and cemeteries are typical objects. The lance and the cart are sold separately or as a bundle.
The thermal lance is light, balanced and ergonomic. It offers a short, rigid and fan-shaped flame for safe and accurate use. The thermal lance covers a width of 40 cm for fast weeding. The low gas consumption allows for 6 hours of use thanks to a “click-and-start” system.
- The user can adjust the handle as needed along the lance tube
- The length of the thermal lance keeps the user far away from the flame
- The stainless steel nozzle is rotatable through 360° for precise work in problematic zones. A device on the cart allows the nozzle to orient without releasing the thermal lance
- There is a spare piezo detonator in the handle, which can be replaced withing 30 seconds without tools
- A swivel prevents twisting the hose
- The 4 metre long gas hose allows a large radius of action around the cart
- The safety pressure regulator makes it possible to adjust the heat output and has a safety that immediately shuts off the gas at the slightest leak on the entire unit.
Users appreciate the handling of the Ripagreen® cart, which adapts immediately to any mode of operation by being quickly configurable for any type of work. The drawbar on the steering column is reversible and can be easily changed over to an ergonomic “push” or “pull” mode.
- The Ripagreen®-chassis is built from sturdy and durable amterials: Epoxy painted steel pipes for the supporting structure; Stainless steel and steel wires for drawbar and equipment such as brake and nozzle orientation device. However, it weighs only 12.5 kg and can be folded up in a few seconds for optimal storage
- The support for the thermal lance, which can be adjusted in 3 different heights, changes the distance between the nozzle and the floor in the “push” position
- Various devices make it easier to attach a lance, hose and sprayer or fire extinguisher (not included). The gas bottle rests on protective plugs and is fastened by a strap
- The wide, puncture-proof wheels make it easier to cross sandy or difficult to pass areas
- A parking brake is used to stabilize the trolley at downhill activities
|Calorific value adjustable:||45-76 kW|
|Operating pressure:||1.5 – 3.5 bar|
|Temperature/distance||450°C at 30 cm – 250°C at 60 cm|
|Gas consumption:||2.9 – 5.5 kg/h|
|Max. Noise level||< 85 dbA|
|785 x 564 x 1000 mm
(1250 x 564 x 1000 mm)
|Tiller height 3-way adjustable:||850/925/1000 mm|
|Weight (without gas bottle):||12.5 kg|
PATHWAYS / LARGE AREAS
Ripagreen allows you to weed large areas such as park pathways, pavements or car parks effortlessly.
We recommend the “pushed” mode which covers a 40 cm heating width and ensures effortless movement. The Ripagreen thermal lance can still be moved even when pointed to the right or lft to carry out more accurate work at the base of walls or in a given area. Placed centrally, the Ripagreen thermal lance will cover a strip 40 cm wide.
With its solid puncture-proof wheels, the Ripagreen trolley can travel easily through gravelly or sandy areas. Its compact dimensions allow you to move through doors, between posts or street furniture.
ROCKERIES / SMALL AREAS
Uncouple the thermal lance from its trolley and treat difficult-to-access areas in the same way as a string trimmer. Its light weight (2 kg) and adjustable handle proide a high level of working comfort and adapts to your body shape.
The trolley is pulled here for greater mobility. It mounts pavement easily and adapts to all types of ground. A holder enables the thermal lance to be stowed while moving between the areas to be weeded.
In steep areas with numerous obstacles or which are widely spaced, you can choose two-operator woking mode.
When treating uphill areas, one operator pulls the trolley while the other treats the adventitious plants with the thermal weeding lance. Just follow the trolley when coming back down. A parking brake may be used if both operators need to carry out tasks simultaneously.
Lastly, the cylinder may also be placed on the back of a van which follows the operator weeding with the thermal lance.